In these tough times, it’s important to get back to the basics!
500g Chicken Breast 250g Mushrooms 260g Cashews 1x Red Capsicum 3x Carrots 2x Brown Onions 3x Fresh Garlic Cloves Broccoli & Snow Peas Olive Oil Sweet Chilli Sauce (can substitute with 2x Long Red Chilli's) Oyster Sauce Honey
So the idea is, once everything has been prepared (i.e. chicken pieces + veggie pieces + cashews + prepared rice or noodles), things will happen very quickly.
- Heat oil in a moderate to hot wok, so it coats the base of the wok sufficiently
- Cut chicken into strips, and seperate into 2 batches, cook in 2 batches so not to stew the chicken but to brown
- Add onion and garlic with the chicken first to infuse flavours
- After 3 minutes add in the rest of the vegetables
- Start adding sweet chillie sauce, a good drizzle, followed by oyster sauce and honey (season to your taste)
- Give this a good stir and the heat should be starting to mix all the flavours together
- You should be at least through half the bottle of the Verdelho or Rosé by now!
- At the last minute chick in your cashews
Serve with white rice or I like Hokkien noodles (make sure you have these ready to go so your stir fry is ready to be served hot).
Why not try this combo out, it’s pretty damn tasty, enjoy!